Working Holiday Visa – Everything You Need to Know

Traveling around Australia is a life changing experience. From the breathtaking landscapes, to the bustling cities, there is so much on offer. Not to mention the people you’ll meet along the way.

The Working Holiday Visa allows you to work while you explore and there’s no better way to really experience a culture than staying that little bit longer. And, let’s face it, a few extra dollars would definitely change your experience for the better.

But, when it comes to Visa’s it can be hard to know where to start. If you’re thinking about a Working Holiday Visa (417 or 462) there are a few conditions you have to abide by.

  • Be aged between 18 and 30 inclusive;
  • Cannot travel with dependent children;
  • Have not entered Australia on a working holiday visa or a work & holiday visa previously;
  • You must apply for this visa when you are outside of Australia at the time of application and at the time of visa grant;
  • Hold a passport from an eligible country, check out the list for 417 here by clicking on the Visa Applicants tab or for the 462 here.

What the 417 and 462 Visas let you do:

  • Stay in Australia for up to 12 months
  • Work in Australia, generally for up to six months with each employer
  • Study for up to four months
  • Leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid.

If you’re planning a trip down under it’s worth thinking about getting a visa that allows you to work, because life here can get expensive and having a bit of flexibility can mean the difference between experiencing everything you want to, and not.