Traveling isn’t about finding yourself – we all know you can do that anywhere.
It is, however, about challenging yourself, experiencing new things, broadening your horizons and growing in confidence.
With that in mind, there is one sure way to fast track all those experiences.
That is to travel alone.
Traveling alone, can be a daunting thought. But believe us, the things you’ll gain, will out way the fear in no time. And, don’t fear, with the wonders of modern technology, being alone rarely means you are actually alone (if you don’t want to).
Check out below 5 reasons why solo travel will be one of the best things you ever do!
1) Alone Time – In our crazy, hectic, social media lives having a moment to yourself can often be hard to come by. But when you take a trip by yourself, you’ll have plenty. Time to read, time to think, time to write and most importantly, time to be. Learning to enjoying your own company can be one of the greatest things of all.
2) Make your own plans and change your own plans – Whether you’re easy going or the leader of the pack, backpacking with others means compromise. However, if you’re alone, the planning and un-planning is totally up to you. Where you go, how long you stay, what you explore and the adventures you have, are all up to you.
3) Meet great new people – The people you meet, and the friends you make along the way will play a massive part of your experience. If you’re on your own, making an effort to meet new people is more of a priority than if you’re with friends. After all, traveling is awesome, but making new friends along the way can be even better.
4) Challenge yourself – Travelling is all about challenging yourself, putting yourself in new positions and experiencing things you’ve never felt before. Putting yourself out there on your own, is a far greater challenge than having someone there to hold your hand along the way. And you will experience greater growth.
5) Boost your confidence – Completing a solo trip, whether it’s a weekend away or gap year, is an instant confidence booster. Learning to be happy in your own company, managing your own itinerary, making new friends and challenging yourself every step of the way.