With winter in full swing and the hostel buzzing with guests, it’s time to enjoy everything that Sydney has to offer. Check out what’s on this month below.
Saturday 1 July – Meet Me in The Cross: July is the perfect time of year to get out of the hostel, leave Manly, and head to the city for a night out. Get ready to dance with awesome DJ sets from international juggernauts like Hermitude and Nina Las Vegas and live sets from indie legends like World Champion, Dappled Cities and Mezko. This will be one night in Sydney you wont want to miss out on. Tickets are $30 and you can find out more here.
Sunday 2 July – Underwater and Beach Cleanup: It’s easy to take the beautiful beaches in Sydney for granted, but with the ongoing threat of pollution it’s time to take action. Join the clean up efforts and help the eco system that makes Manly so wonderful survive. Meet at Manly Cove at 11am find out more here.
Saturday 8 July – Zedtown: State of Emergency: Who doesn’t love a Zombie apocalypse? With one kicking off in Sydney this month, now’s your chance to find out what you’re really made of. Will you stand and fight or will you run away? Grab your friends and get ready. The End of the world is coming!!! Find out more here.
July 1 – July 15 – Ice Skating: It’s definitely not cold enough for snow in Sydney, we’re still swimming in the sea in Manly. Wrap yourself up and grab a pair of skates for this winter wonderland. 1 hour is will set you back $12, find out more here.
Manly has a great night life, from little bars to big pubs there is something for everyone. Whether you are keen for a few beers after work or a big night out Manly can cater for you.
Check out our top 5 Bars in Manly below:
1) Hotel Steyene – This has to be the favorite for most of the locals and backpackers alike. It’s a big Hotel with a great outdoor area. On a Friday, Saturday and Sunday night you’ll find it packed. And, for something a little bit more intimate get in the lift to the top floor where you will find the Moonshine Bar – a great space for live music and a cool roof top terrace.
2) Manly Wharf Hotel – If you want to watch the sun go down in Manly, with a cool beer in your hand this is the spot to do it. The Wharf bar or Wharf over looks (you guessed it) the wharf, and has beautiful water views looking straight out towards Sydney Harbour. They often have guest DJ’s and special nights, so keep an eye on their website for what’s coming up, there’s no doubt it will be a good night.
3) Donny’s Bar – Hidden down a side street Donny’s Bar is small and crowded, but they do serve up a great cocktail. The live music on a Saturday night never disappointed and you’ll find yourself dancing surrounded by Northern Beraches hipsters before you can say flat cap.
4) Hemingway’s – A slightly more chilled vibe to the other options listed above, but Hemingway’s offer an extensive wine list, cute seating area and a great atmosphere.
5) New Brighten Hotel – Another big pub, set over 3 floors with music, food and a roof top bar with day beds, it’s a great choice if you don’t really know what you want. Backpacker night is Tuesday night, where you’ll find cheap drinks, cheesy music and sweaty dancing.