Backpackers have a reputation of partying until the early hours of the morning, and then sleeping until the late afternoon.
But, when you’re in Manly, there are so many great reasons to break the stereotype and wake up early. Whether it’s the crisp ocean air, the steady hum of joggers on the beach or the smell of freshly brewed coffee – Manly mornings are calling you.
Check out the 5 awesome reasons below, to get up early when you’re visiting Manly:
1) Sunrise – In Manly the Sunrises over the beach and it’s a beautiful thing. Watch the waves change colour as they roll in and feel the excitement in the air amongst the surfers – another beautiful day is coming!
2) Bold and Beautiful – Every single morning of the year (including Christmas day) at 7am, this dedicated group of swimmers meet and swim from the south end of Manly Beach to Shelley Beach. It’s totally free to join in, and the group can not be any more welcoming. Find out more info on their website. It’s an absolute must for anyone traveling to Manly.
3) Exercise on the Beach – From running to boxing classes, Manly Beach is a hive of activity as soon as the sun rises. And it’s hard not to want to join in when you see everyone on the move.
4) Morning Coffee – Coffee in Australia is a way of life, not just a morning drink. Make the most of the Manly Beach lifestyle and choose not to grab your coffee on the run, but sit down, enjoy some quiet time and soak up your surroundings – after all, that’s what traveling is all about.
5) Yoga – Manly is a hotspot when it comes to yoga classes. With a variety of styles to choose from, you’re guaranteed to find one that suits you. Start your day feeling fresh, relaxed and accomplished with a yoga class.
So what are you waiting for? Set your alarm clock, get an early night and be ready to jump out of bed and start your day the best way possible.