There’s so much more to Manly than hitting the beach.
Yes, yes, Manly Beach is pretty great, but did you know there’s some awesome coffee shops hidden just off the obvious route – all you have to do is explore.
However, with the recent opening of Starbucks on the corner of the main pedestrian walkway, the Corso and the beach, the need to explore, for some, is getting less.
But, if like me, you want more from your experience in a new town than a chain coffee shop and mediocre coffee, this article might just be up your street.
5 off the beaten track coffee shops that are totally worth seeking out in Manly
- Fika Swedish Kitchen – 5b Market Lane – This place is loved by the locals and you’ll most likely have to wait for a table, but I promise you, the wait will be worth it. Keep an eye on their name day celebration, if your name comes up you get a free coffee.
- Ruby Lane, Shops 1&2, 200 Pittwater Road – It’s a good 20 minute walk from the heart of Manly, or you can catch any of the busses traveling north up Pittwater Road. With a beautiful covered deck, organic coffee and fresh food, it’s a great place to kill a few hours as you watch the world go by.
- Ora – 17B Whistler Street – With a strong ethical theme running through everything they have on offer, Ora is a great place to eat clean and feel good while you do it.
- Market Lane Cafe, 37 – 39 The Corso – Considering this cafe is in the center of Manly, it’s surprisingly easy to miss. Hidden down a small lane, they offer great coffee and a vibrant atmosphere.
- Showbox, 19 Whistler Street – This trendy little cafe has contributed not only great coffee to the Manly community but also generated a vibrant music scene.