Winter in Australia is the best kept secret, particularly in Sydney.
With temperatures never really dropping below 8 °C it feels more like a mild European day, than mid winter.
Despite the repatriation seasons bring Australians always seem slightly confused by the change in temperature and shocked that it has got slightly colder. But, don’t be fooled – just because it’s a little bit cooler doesn’t mean Sydney is any less magical. In fact ask any Manly local and they will easily tell you their reasons for loving this place we call home during any month.
Here are 5 reasons why we love winter in Manly:
- No more crowds: Summer is of course an amazing time to visit Manly, but with that in the front of everyones mind, you’ll not be alone in any trip you plan. As the winter months roll around the crowds slowly leave and Manly takes on a totally different vibe. You’ll feel more like a local as you stroll alone the beach and enjoy everything that Manly has to offer. Nothing really shuts down, so you still get the same awesome nightlife, there will just be a few more familiar faces.
- Winter Sun: That’s right the sun still shines during winter in Sydney. With less concerns about UV and dangerous rays, you can get out there and actually enjoy it. You’ll still see people in bikinis on Manly Beach and even swimming in the ocean. The temperature is perfect for hiking, surfing, or simply sitting in the sun and reading.
- Cheap Deals: With a big chunk of Sydney tourist gone the prices drop for a lot of things. From the hostel accommodation at Manly Backpackers, to cheap deals on eating out. You just have to know where to look and you will be rewarded.
- Meet Your kind of People: If you are looking to stay in Manly a little longer than a weekend, you’ll be pleasantly surprised that your fellow backpackers will be on the same vibe. We often find backpackers stay longer and making deeper connection with this beautiful place and awesome people.
- Find Work: At Manly Backpackers we often get requests for workers, from labourers to hairdressers and with less traveler competitions, it’s much easier to grab a job and keep it long term. If you are looking for work pop into reception and we’ll let you know what you’ve got.
Now, with winter only lasting 3 months you’d better make the most of this awesome season and get here soon!